Nagpapasalamat ako sa Diyos dahil inako po Nya ang kasalanan ng mga tao at narealize ko na mamatay man ako mahal parin Nya ako at alam ko sa sarili ko na ako ay ligtas na dahil tinanggap ko ang regalo ni Jesus na kaligtasan.”
– Dianne Maurice D. Rodriguez , 2015 Sibol delegate
In every ISCF summer camp, the testimony time excites me the most. My heart rejoices while listening to the students declaring that they have received the Lord Jesus in their lives. It was such a blessing to witness their lives being transformed. They
always remind me of myself at the first time I have experienced Christ’s love for me, which made me accepted Jesus as Savior and Lord over and over again. Though raised in a Christian family, it was in my first year in high school that I completely understood that I can’t save myself and I needed Jesus as my savior. I blamed God with my family’s situation. I was disappointed of my parents’ unstable income and my younger sister’s disability. Her name is Raquel. She has an illness called Cerebral Palsy but we can’t afford any treatment or medication for her. I was angry and ashamed because of her condition. I even wish she would just die so that I can’t see her suffer. But one day the Lord rebuked me. I was convicted to read to her the story about Jesus’ crucifixion. She can’t
fluently speak but after reading, I understood that she prayed “Jesus I love you.” My heart was crushed because I realized I have not spoken those very words to the Lord. That event helped me to accept my sister and my parents. I have learned to love them more. Indeed, only the Lord can change a heart. Because of His love for me, I am capable to give true love to others.
Listening to the stories of the students as well as the graduates with their joys, pains and brokenness inspires me more to continue in this ministry. The dreams, desires and eagerness to reach them out for Christ keep me going. This July 11 marks my 5th year in the staff work. Yey! It amazes me on how the Lord has sustained me through ups and downs. I was nearly giving up before but truly His grace has been sufficient in my weakness. Praise God indeed!
PRAISE and PRAYER:
- Thank God for victory and provision last Sibol Camp with 28 campers and for 3 delegates sent to National Leadership and Discipleship Camp (NLDC) at Camp Humayan, Bago City.
- Praise God for the re-pioneered ISCF chapter in Tanza National Comprehensive High School (TNCHS) and successful Counselors’ training last May 7.
- Praise Him for a meaningful time with my family last vacation. Pray for good health, strength and financial provision for me and for my family who’s in Agusan del Sur.
- Also, pray for our on-going transition in the region as I will be assigned in Mindoro area this coming September. So Shey Cabo, our new staff will now handle the ISCF in Cavite. I believe that in this school year, there will be full of surprises that my heartbeat thrills and wonders in gladness.