Come and Invest in the Lives of our Future Leaders
IVCF AIMS TO lead others to personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior;
- disciple students and encourage them to be faithful to the Lord Jesus Christ and obedient to Him in all areas of Life; and
- challenge them to consider a missionary vocation
THE PURPOSE of the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (IVCF) is to establish autonomous chapters or fellow-ships of Christian students in high schools, schools of nursing, colleges and universities in the Philippines, to stimulate personal faith and love for the Lord Jesus Christ among individual students, and generally to spread the truth of Christianity in academic circles.
IVCF also seeks to establish autonomous fellowships of Christian graduates in different places in the Philippines
IVCF POLICY ON CORPORATION MEMBERSHIP
Membership in the corporation shall be by invitation and approval of the Board of Trustees. All members shall be required to subscribe to the IVCF Basis of Faith. Participation in the business meetings of the corporation shall be
limited to those members in good standing who reaffi rm their agreement with the doctrinal basis of faith and the principles, purposes and practices of the fellowship, and who pay the prescribed fees.
Qualifications and Duties of a Corporation Members
An IVCF Corporation member agrees to:
1. be one in whose life the fruit of the Holy Spirit is evident;
2. be a member of a local church assembly and to participate regularly in Christian fellowship;
3. attend the annual corporation meeting;
4. give fi nancially in proportion to his ability;
5. sign every year the Corporation’s Statement of Agreement;
6. participate in various phases of IVCF ministries by praying regularly for the ministry, and being active in IVCF work as one of the following:
IVPM/GCF participant faculty adviser of an IVCF local chapter GT or ISCF Counselor reader / user of IVCF publications
host of staffpersons active link of IVCF with his home church and friends.
7. elect the members of the Board of Trustees.
BASIS OF FAITH
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and the entire trustworthiness of the Holy Scriptures, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all men since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) – of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through Faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.