Could this be my last term in staff work? Is this the right time to go out in the ministry of IVCF? What do you want me to do Lord after this? Where do you want me to go? Should I enroll in a seminary in preparation for pastoral work? Or practice my teaching profession? Theseare just some of the questions that keep on boggling me at this point of my journey.
I am now starting my fifth year in staff, and I still have two remaining years to think and pray for these questions before I make some crucial decisions. I will not deny that these questions at some degree rise from the financial crisis that we are experiencing in the ministry. For some years that we are experiencing delayed salaries, I think it is normal for me to entertain these questions especially that I am about to enter marriage life. Finances then would be one of my concerns as a husband but I have in mind not to move out from staff work for this reason. I believe that as long as I am living in obedience to Christ all my needs will be provided. I am also aware that following the Lord Jesus Christ always involves sacrifices. Because of my passion to serve God in the ministry of IVCF and my financial concern, I am thinking of looking for a job in order to support my missionary work and to support my fellow missionaries if possible. Practicing my teaching profession then while ministering with the students is also a good option to be considered. If this is God’s will for me, my financial concern will be lessened while doing the campus work. On the other hand, I also have the desire to do pastoral work in a church. This desire started when I was in first year college and until now it remains in me. Having seen the needs of the churches for pastors who are loyal to the biblical truths and to Christ disturbs me. But then, I’m not so sure if this is what the Lord wants me to do. Lastly, remaining in staff work is still in my consideration. Doing the fulltime campus work is still my passion and if it is in this work where I will know more of Christ and make Him known, then so be it. For the past four years of my service in Christ through IVCF I have learned a lot of things and until now I kept on learning and unlearning things. My prayer to God is that He will make clear to me His leading prior to my Sabbatical leave. I know that with the above mentioned questions the bottom line after all is my faith and obedience to Christ. I fear that I could make some decisions without being scrutinized by the Scriptures and by the Spirit. It is my prayer and desire in life that in all things, Christ must be glorified and exalted.
To God be the Glory!
Praises & Prayers
- Praise God for the 36 delegates who attended the Sibol Camp 2015 of SMRU.
- Praise God for the donors who supported the 5 NLDC delegates last summer.
- Praise God for the opportunities to get involve with small business and for His provision amidst the financial crisis in the ministry.
- Help us to pray that we could invite more students to be part of the ministry this school year.
- Pray too, that the trained students in Davao area will be moved by the Spirit to share the gospel with their fellow students.
- Pray for the trained students to be more intentional in discipling their fellow students.
- Pray for wisdom as I take lead of the Regional Assembly this coming August.
- Lastly, help me to pray for the conversion of my family and relatives